Tuesday, August 28, 2012

School : ) Part 2


Today was Conner's first day of school. : )  I have somewhat been dreading this day because he is so attached to me and I didn't want him to be crying and holding onto me or anything like that.  Just let me tell you, that it is now August and he has been going to Primary for 8 months of this year and he just barely started going in alone and not crying.  Needless to say, he has separation issues.  
Conner seemed to be really excited to go to school, but I wasn't going to hold my breath that it was all going to go well.  I went downstairs this morning to wake the boys up and it started.  Crying and screaming because he said he was too tired to go to school.  I was thinking that it was going to be rough, but he finished his temper tantrum (over his socks not being comfortable in his shoes) and then came up and had breakfast, we brushed his teeth, and took some pictures and I walked him to school.  We got there and he put his backpack away and sat down at his desk and started working on the little project she had ready for them.  I asked him if it was okay for me to leave now and he said,"Yep" he gave me a kiss on the cheek and I walked out.  No drama, no nothing.  YIPEE!!  It was exactly what I was hoping for, minus the tantrum this morning.  Let's hope that his first day was a fabulous one and that he will want to go back everyday from here on out. 

Conner ready for School
 Ready to walk with his brothers.
 Miss Gervais.  She is even cuter in person and so very young!
 Just outside his classroom
 His desk area
 Conner at his desk waiting for everything to start
I LOVE this redheaded boy!  I am so glad that he is growing up and becoming independent!  Here's to hoping that he comes home today with a good report and excitement for going back tomorrow. : )

1 comment:

JenniSue said...

I can't believe that kid is in kindergarten already! He is just too cute for his own good.